January 25, 2012

Feels Like Home

About time. After weeks of talk, I finally found a few free minutes to create a new blog for myself and my family. To be honest, the hardest part was picking a name.

I really just wanted "Feels Like Home" for a few reasons.

First, it was mine and Scott's wedding song. Not a popular one by any means, but the words were right on and every time I heard it, I thought about the calming peace Scott brought into my life. He saved me in many ways.

Second, one of the biggest compliments I have ever been given was by a girlfriend that would come over to my house, immediately grab my throw blanket, curl up on the couch and relax like she was in her own home. She did this every time and once she told me that she loves coming to my home because she finds it warm, welcoming and comfortable. A place where she can leave her worries at the door and breathe a little easier. She felt better when she came to my home. It made me feel so good to know I could provide that atmosphere for someone who needed it. I've remembered her comment all these years later and it has somewhat shaped the person I strive to be.

I want people to feel at home with me. I don't like small talk, it makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather get to know you, the real you. If it's a great day, I'd love to hear why. Let me share your excitement! If it's one of those days when everything feels wrong and you want to scream at the top of your lungs or punch something but you're trying to hold it together, tell me how I can help. Because, in my opinion, if we can't share who we really are with our friends (even the ugly stuff), than what good is having friends?

I try REALLY HARD not to be fake, especially on my blog. I've mentioned before how the blogging world can be a bit deceiving, everyone's lives looking so perfect when in reality we all got issues and messes we hide in our closets. My life is full of messes but there's lots of beauty in between those messes and I'm not afraid to own any of it. My messes humble me, make me more compassionate and real. When "Feels Like Home" wasn't available for my blog, I decided to keep my old blog name too (Hectic and Happy) because if you come to my home on any given day, that's what you'll find. Chaos, noise, messes AND happy people.

This new blog will be full of my messes AND my beautiful moments. It will be my life, unscripted and uncensored. And I hope for those of you that decide to stop in every now and then it will feel familiar, you'll feel comfortable here and you'll feel like you're home.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too!! Your blog is so refreshing, it's real! Thank you for inviting me. Are you invited to my blog? If not I can send you one.

    ReplyDelete